Tuesday, February 10, 2009

life altering stuff here


My darlingest Lilly, how I love you!  My fun little visit with my sister, Rachel, just came to an end.  It was packed full of Twilight fun and chatting, but the best part of her visit was completely unexpected.  Lilly's crib is in the guest room and since we think our guests will enjoy their stay more if they aren't taking care of Lilly all night long, we normally move Lilly's crib out while they are here.  This tend to result in sleepless nights, as Lilly smells me near and won't sleep as through the night. (And expects to eat all stinking night long!)

So I shook things up a little for Aunt Rachel's visit and moved her crib into our closet instead of our room.  I figured out of sight, out of mind.  What I did not figure into the equation was the darkness of our closet, which resulted in Lilly sleeping in a whopping 2 hours later in the morning.  And I hate to even mention this in fear of jinxing the whole bit, but *she took a nap today*! (Warning: Do not read out loud.  Maybe that will prevent the blog gods from hearing this and ruining all of my nap time fun that I have planned for the rest of the week!)   For those of you who are unfamiliar with our day to day happenings, naps have been nonexistent in Lilly's world.  This results in no free time for me and a very tired Lilly.  It appears that darkness is my friend and "Napping Queen" is Lilly's new middle name.  Let's just cross our fingers that this keeps up.  Pretty please with a cherry on top?

6 comments:

Linda Tunnell said...

oh honey I wish that for you! And did you forget to give lily the "you arn't suppose to grow up lecture"? such a sweet picture

The Veatches said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you!

Annalia said...

I was sure this was going to be about potty-training.

nikko said...

What a gorgeous capture!

Yay for naps! I'm not sure if I could function with a non-napping child. Ugh. My fourth, as an infant, would only nap in the swing or the sling. Those were fun times. NOT!

Sarah said...

Mom: She is obviously a little rebellious as I have told her countless times not to grow up!

Lia: Potty Training won't be life altering until it is my last child that it out of diapers. To leave that stage of life will be the beginning of a whole new world. (look at me, quoting Disney movies and all!)

Islandalli said...

I know this sounds odd, but the more you can get your child to sleep at night, the better naps they will take. Meg was a horrible sleeper for a long time. I started putting her to bed early (7:00)and she started sleeping better, and longer. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child was the book that saved me. Good luck!!!!