Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Korea 2018: scared like crazy


Well, we are on our way to Korea.  This happened last time we went to Korea, so I’m not sure why I’m surprised at these feelings I’m having on a bigger scale.  Fear.  I hate fear.  It keeps me from doing so many things.  My little introvert self stays home from events, doesn’t invite people over, backs out of commitments…all because of fear.  This fear is kind of like having a baby fear.  About halfway through each pregnancy, I come to the realization that I am in over my head.  Not only do I need to go through labor again, but I realize that I have another baby on the way that I will most likely screw up.  That’s a little like this Korea trip.  The tickets were purchased and plans should have been coming along, but we were too busy moving to really prepare.  I stopped studying Korean because I was too much of a nut case.  I started worrying about Chris’ grandma and her ability to put up with us for 4 whole months.  I started wondering if we would wear out our welcome with other family.  Chloe and I have some pretty epic plans to play around with videography while in Korea and I’m realizing I have no idea what I’m doing.   So I am now aboard an airplane that is a few hours away from Seoul and I am scared.  Not emotional wreck scared but pretty yucky on the inside.  We have a grocery list of things that we want to see, do and accomplish in Korea but right now I’m just hoping we can survive.  There you have it.  Confessions of this “adventurous”  and scaredy cat momma.    

Our little trip bucket list has little and big adventures on it.  Most of the things on there probably won’t happen but we are going to try our darndest to work our way through it.   We’ll try to blog away as we explore and, who knows, we may even make a couple of videos.   As for now, I am praying for peace and guidance so we can make the most out of this trip. 


No comments: