Lots of cool things that happened today.
1. He was able to briefly control a muscle on his right forearm
2. He had a sensation in his ankle (once again, briefly, but we are thrilled nonetheless)
3. He got to play fetch with a service dog and take him on a walk (And swears he walks better with the dog. Nice try, Chris. No more dogs at the Kang house for a while.)
4. Chris had a visit with a man who had a stroke about 3 years ago. We got to talk with him for a while and just see a live case study. He has fully recovered and remembers being in Chris' shoes not too long ago.
5. I got to see Chris walk with and without his cane. He actually gets a little bit of speed, but I am still worried that he will fall every time I see his leg start to buckle. Please, no falling.
6. The Dr. told Chris that he should be able to drive an automatic in a month or two. This is good news, but it doesn't get rid of that little problem of a stick that Chris bought a week before his stroke.
I think there were other things that went on, but I really can't remember at this point. Brain dead. Maybe tomorrow I will remember and update with any additional cool things that come to me. Tomorrow a bunch of guys from our church are coming over to help get Chris' room ready downstairs. Thank you, muscles. I don't think I could carry all of that scrapbooking stuff upstairs. Yes, Chris had the nerve to take over my scrapbooking room. :) He says that this stroke was all part of his plan to make sure I didn't have a "crap" room. (His nickname for my craft room) I guess I'll forgive him. Just this time. Only because I am so dang happy that he is alive.