Monday, March 15, 2010

little pioneer children


Autumn's little pioneer party? A complete success. From the weather (it waited to rain until we were pulling our car away from the Barn) to the chickens (who *happened* to lay enough eggs for everyone to find an egg), it went just exactly how we had envisioned. The party ended up going 4 hours as we had a lot of fun to pack in. There was candle dipping, potato sack races, feeding the goats and chickens, felting eggs and making the biscuits and butter. Whew. It makes me tired just listing it. I didn't think we would have time to do it all, but it came together quite well. The best part of the whole thing? Seeing a bunch of girls in bonnets and aprons. It was just so stinking adorable!! And Autumn has pronounced it to be her best birthday party yet. (I suggested we aim to make this a climax, but she didn't buy it.)

The key to this whole shebang? Our wonderful friends, the Woodwards. They have become our 2nd family since moving out to Forest Grove and I must say that this party would have been quite dull in our little neighborhood. Move it to a barn that is complete with a creek, goats and chickens? Yeah, it makes it about a gazillion times cooler.

9 comments:

Linda Tunnell said...

Its as cute as I thought it would be! How fun!

Jess said...

What a fun birthday party. You are an awesome Mom!

Sarah said...

mom,i look like a dork.

Heather Thomas said...

So cool Sarah! Can you plan bday parties for my boys too??

6burks said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! You are just the MOST amazing mom!!!!!!!

Anna said...

This is so lovely! I love that it is such an original and creative idea.

momma rae said...

those pictures are too sweet! i love seeing little gals in bonnets. well done! ;)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This is an amazing party theme - I love it! The table setting with the hay bale is simply gorgeous. I would love for you to link this up to the Celebration Inspiration Party I'm having {starts tonight} This is such an original creative theme...great job! Visiting from One Pretty Thing ~ Glad I stopped by! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Rebecca said...

I'm planning a Little House on the Prairie/Pioneer themed party for my daughter and I found your blog by a google search. :) Cute party! I'm also doing bonnets for all the little girls...lots to do between now and June! :)