Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where in the World Have the Kang Girls Been?

We spent the last week in Snohomish, WA (taking the kids to Cousin's Camp) and Port Orchard, WA (visiting my sister, Lia and her family)

This year, my amazing parents hosting the 2nd Annual Cousin's Camp for all kids 5 and over.  (We found out that this is slightly flexible for almost 5 year olds)  I realize that my parents aren't the only ones to do this, but I just think this makes them even cooler grandparents. (If that is possible)  Especially because they have 5 growing families and are already at 18 grandkids.  With my brother in law, Mike, just finishing up a very large and extravagant tree house in my parents' back yard, they decided to hold cousin camp in their backyard for now on.  Cousin Camp included a trip to a Kangaroo Farm (now 2 of my kids have been kissed by a llama), meeting grandma and grandpa's new baby goats, a hike to Dorothy Lake and an afternoon at Pilchuck River.  Above all of this, the kids got to play with their cousins and do a little bonding with family.  They came home telling me stories about my ancestors that I didn't even know.   They now list their favorite foods as "breakfast in a bag" and foil dinners.   My least favorite thing about cousin camp is that it really raises that bar for me.  Am I going to have the energy to do this when I am a Grandma? I guess I better!  
This is a skirt I made at Lia's house.  No pattern.  Yeah!
My new niece, Lucy Wren.

Is Lilly sticking her tongue out at me?  This is the earliest sign of sassiness that I've seen.  uh oh.

No comments: