Sunday, January 18, 2009

My green little market bag


Over the past year, I have been trying to use my reusable bags more and the little plastic "triangle bags" less.  I must confess that I haven't been overly successful because I tend to either be out shopping and realize they are at home or I get to the check out line and realize they are in the car.  And when you are out shopping with your six kids in tow, going out to the car is not even an option.  The most successful thing that I have done in my effort to just be a little bit more conscience of my waste is just not using a bag.  Normally, I can get away without a bag at all if I am purchasing things that aren't super itty bitty.  

This all brings me to my market bag that I am in the process of knitting.  I haven't gotten too far simply because I don't get a whole lot of knitting time, but I am working on it.  It is a simple pattern with a square base that I came across on ravelry and I am knitting it with cotton yarn.  I plan on working up to a cuter base at some point, but I figured I would start simple.  My rose colored plan is to wander blissfully through the Forest Grove farmer's market with my girls (who are behaving perfectly), with my market bag on my shoulder.  I can see it perfectly, yet I do realize, from 11 years of expecting only the unexpected, that it probably won't end up quite the way I imagine.  Yet I knit away in hopes that, maybe, one summer day will find us blissfully wandering.  Please?  And I owe you a rain check for the picture.  Blogger is being super slow (although I am sure Chris will tell me that it isn't blogger at all that is being slow) and I want to knit instead of waiting on them.

By the way....can you guys tell by my writing style when I am blogging and nursing at the same time?  I think my brain doesn't operate quite right when I am typing with one hand, versus two.  That and I am always shortening my sentences since typing with one hand is quite a bit more effort.  Chris, I feel your pain.  


2 comments:

Tana said...

Pardon me for blogstalking but I thought I would share my experience. I keep my extra bags in the car. When I have plastic bags I put them back in the car, so when I go to the store I can immediately recycle them. It makes me feel better about forgetting my canvas bags!

Annalia said...

For some weird reason, I expected your "little green bag" to be...green?